A unique opportunity to see the very best Dunedin and Otago on this shore excursion offering a sightseeing tour of both Dunedin City, Otago Peninsula, Larnach Castle and a visit to the famous Speights Brewery.
On leaving port you will travel through Dunedin City and then along the Otago Peninsula to Larnach Castle for a fully guided tour of both the castle and its grounds.
Early afternoon the tour returns to Dunedin for the completion of the city sightseeing which includes the highlights of the city with entertaining and informative commentary. Mid-afternoon the tour arrives at the Speights Brewery for a fully guided tour of the brewery.
- 09.30: Collected from your cruise ship at Port Chalmers (Dunedin) and travel through Dunedin City. Enjoy a very informative, entertaining and scenically stunning tour of Dunedin City. The tour will include Otago University, Botanical Gardens, historic buildings, neo-gothic church architecture and cathedrals, stately homes, the world’s steepest street and plenty of photo opportunities.
- 11.00: Arrive Larnach Castle and journey back in time with a guided tour of New Zealand’s only castle built in 1871. Learn the scandalous, exciting and tragic history of the castle whilst enjoying the magnificent splendour of a bygone era. The tour also includes the castles gardens which are of international significance and provide breathtaking views from this commanding vantage point on the Otago Peninsula. There will also be time for lunch at the castles café (at own expense).
- 13.15: Depart Larnach Castle, sit back and relax on your return to Dunedin along the Otago Peninsula, again enjoying magnificent views on route and arriving back in the city to complete your sightseeing tour of Dunedin City.
- 14.00: Arrive at the Speight’s Brewery for an award winning, interactive and informative guided tour through a historic working brewery that has been proudly producing Speight’s legendary ales from the same site since 1876. This tour is rewarding to beer connoisseurs, history buffs or those seeking to discover a few secrets from the brewers. With six beers on offer to taste, it is fortunate that you don’t have to drive!
- 16.30: Tour concludes in Port Chalmers where you will reunite with your cruise ship.
This tour from Dunedin Port is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers. Our Worry-Free Guarantee means that you will be returned to your cruise ship before your cruise ships departure.